Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 15:54 : Media request for #publicans! 🚨 Are you in an area with tight lockdown restrictions? Get in touch by tomorrow to possibly be involved in a story about the enormous sums spent on getting pubs Covid-secure ahead of the latest closures. pic.twitter.com/3cc1eYJOw0
- Wednesday, 14:55 : Responding to the First Minister’s announcement for further restrictions for pubs, please find the attached comment from CAMRA’s Director for Scotland Joe Crawford. Read it on our website ➡️ ow.ly/Qssy50BYEek pic.twitter.com/cjUgCkR5iw
- Tuesday, 17:19 : Commenting on the expected decision to apply Tier 3 restrictions to Greater Manchester, please find the attached comment from CAMRA Chief Executive Tom Stainer. Read it on our website 👉 ow.ly/xOxv50BXIEl pic.twitter.com/nwfQb4Y2MF
- Tuesday, 12:04 : Thank you @MariaMillerUK for asking Treasury Ministers in the @HouseofCommons to keep small brewers duty relief in place to safeguard the future of breweries in Hampshire and across the UK. Learn more & sign @AnspachHobday's SBR petition here 👉 camra.org.uk/sbr @SIBA01 pic.twitter.com/f7eog7zivs
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…