Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : The deadline for National Executive nominations is 28 Jan - don't miss out! 💫 Make a real difference to the campaign 💫 Help create the future CAMRA you'd like to see & gain professional experience 💫 Help us represent our 180,000 members Learn more 👉 ow.ly/pB0350DfojN pic.twitter.com/zLlcM7LKRn
- Saturday, 13:00 : Help support your local! Order beer directly from your local brewery with #Brew2You 🍻 Download the app, or visit our website ➡️ brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/giTsDTl84S
- Friday, 19:00 : It's been a while since we've shared a #FunFactFriday - what do you make of this one? 🍻 This hymn was called the Hymn to Ninkasi (who was the goddess of beer) and is over 3,900 years old! Learn more about joining CAMRA 👉 join.camra.org.uk pic.twitter.com/eayKldySPF
- Friday, 14:33 : Responding to comments by SAGE scientists that hospitality businesses should remain closed until May + the release of Market Recovery Monitor data from CGA & AlixPartners suggesting 6,000 licenced premises have permanently closed in 2020, please find a comment from Nik Antona: pic.twitter.com/f3Rs2Nz4jb
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…