Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 17:04 : Don't forget to take part in our #MyPubStory competition! More information below 👇✨ twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Wednesday, 12:37 : Our End Loneliness campaign highlights the work that pubs do to foster community spirit and social interaction – aims that chime with @annastuartbooks' ‘Four Minutes to Save a Life’, which asks questions about loneliness in modern society and how we can support one another. (1/2)
- Tuesday, 18:23 : RT @orionbooks: Simultaneous lover of real ale and books?? 🍺📚 CAMRA are giving away a FANTASTIC PRIZE including a signed copy of Four Minutes to Save a Life by @annastuartbooks and the Good Beer Guide 2020! Head to their Twitter to find out more > @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/OnuEP7av8a
- Wednesday, 08:56 : RT @annastuartbooks: Here's me at the pub we found by a glorious twist of fate during my son's boring footie training - the wonderful @TavernCoopers in Burton, enjoying beer and book! What's your #mypubstory? Tell us and win - see @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/ZUSFq6lQ5W
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…