Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : Did you see our exciting book launch last week? 'The Family Brewers of Britain' by #RogerProtz is now available to order! Don't miss out on this celebration of British brewing heritage 📚🍻 Order yours today 👉 ow.ly/BXCj50Buy2k pic.twitter.com/W716IZSbR1
- Sunday, 11:00 : Did you see our exciting book launch last week? 'The Family Brewers of Britain' by @RogerProtzBeer is now available to order! Don't miss out on this celebration of British brewing heritage 📚🍻 Order yours today 👉 ow.ly/5JcN50Buy5y pic.twitter.com/omhLg9GYIi
- Saturday, 12:00 : Next week marks the start of @caskaleweek 2020! 🎉 #CaskAleWeek runs 24 Sept–4 Oct. We'll be marking the occasion over our social channels - are you joining in to celebrate Britain's national drink? 🍻 Learn more about the week on their website! 👉 caskaleweek.co.uk pic.twitter.com/3x2zB94AjI
- Friday, 13:00 : There is still time to submit a pub in our Pub Design Awards! Get your nomination in before 30 Sept 2020 🗳️ Do you think your local deserves to be celebrated for its beautiful design? Read about the award categories & submit a nomination on our website 👉 camra.org.uk/pubs-and-clubs… pic.twitter.com/ISxE356dlQ
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…