Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 17:00 : Join @RogerProtzBeer for an exclusive tasting session, based on 'The Family Brewers of Britain'! 📚 The tastings (3 dates available) will use beers from the book's featured breweries. Ticket price includes the supply & delivery of 6 beers 🍻 Buy yours 👉 ow.ly/deZS50C476Z pic.twitter.com/N9gwRXBxHv
- Tuesday, 16:34 : Media request! 🚨 Have you winter-proofed your beer garden? A freelance journalist is looking for pubs that have made their outdoor space more winter-friendly in light of new restrictions. Interested in taking part? Contact Claire at 👉 email@example.com pic.twitter.com/wA3hNnmmWb
- Tuesday, 11:51 : Thank you @MariaMillerUK! twitter.com/MariaMillerUK/…
- Tuesday, 09:00 : We're praising the community spirit of publicans across England this week for offering free meals to local children during half term. Find our full comment & 10 participants 👉 ow.ly/ryfV50C32jF Sources for examples: ✨ ow.ly/GG3850C33f3 ✨ ow.ly/dIUM50C33f0 pic.twitter.com/TQJLLIt8hz
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…