Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:30 : Did you see our news yesterday? 👀 Submit your questions to email@example.com all about keeping, storing & serving real ale - @CAMRABooks’ author Patrick O’Neill will answer them on Friday, during our virtual education session! 🍻 Read more 👉 ow.ly/PCtY50yXObo pic.twitter.com/iBoxrg7wzo
- Saturday, 10:00 : .@HospAction are urgently seeking donations to their COVID-19 Emergency Appeal, to help build a significant fund to make a one-off award to eligible hospitality workers facing hardship as a result of the pandemic. Learn more online #pullingtogether 👉 hospitalityaction.org.uk pic.twitter.com/ePPtqRm21L
- Friday, 17:00 : Next week, we are offering a virtual education session on how to keep, store and serve real ale to coincide with the launch of @CAMRABooks' latest title, ‘Cellarmanship’ by Patrick O’Neill 📚 #pullingtogether pic.twitter.com/OMtg2eLLln
- Friday, 16:16 : Northern Ireland's laws must change to allow brewers and cider-makers to sell their products online in order to to help with social distancing and to support small, independent businesses during Covid-19 say @camra_ni 👇ow.ly/u3Ih50yXLzO
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…