Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 17:00 : Volunteer opportunity🚨 We're recruiting a new Regional Director for Scotland & Northern Ireland. Deadline for nominations is 20 June. You can find the role description and election procedure here. Submit your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org 👉 ow.ly/AzO750zSBN4
- Thursday, 13:15 : Legendary beer writer @RogerProtzBeer is leading a tasting of 6 @ChilternBrewery beers at the Red (On)Lion, Tues 2nd June at 6pm! Chiltern celebrate their 40th anniversary this year & have produced a celebration IPA featured in the tasting. Learn more 👉 ow.ly/qdQZ50zSkQu
- Thursday, 12:15 : On the newest episode of our #podcast Pubs. Pints. People. we're talking beer diversity, featuring award-winning beer communicator and diversity champion Emma Inch @fermentradio! 🍻 Hear a snippet of her interview below and listen to the full episode 👉 ow.ly/Q4ZS50zPZme pic.twitter.com/PthcpdvSmz
- Wednesday, 17:01 : This week's episode of our #podcast Pubs. Pints. People. features Nick O'Shea, founder of @ignitionbeer - a not-for-profit microbrewery in Sydenham that employs people with learning difficulties. Hear a snippet below! 🎧 Listen to the full episode ➡️ ow.ly/Q4ZS50zPZme pic.twitter.com/Ke5lkqLpA2
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…