Welcome to the website of the South West Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale and cider, community pubs and consumer rights. We have over 190,000 members nationally and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s South West branches have over 12 000 members and organise events to promote real ale and real cider/perry, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc.
The South West region consists of branches in the counties of Gloucestershire in the north, down through Bristol, most of Wiltshire, and all of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall in the south, including the Isles of Scilly.
We have links to the fourteen main CAMRA branch websites, which can be found by clicking on the Branches link. Some of the larger branches, such as Bristol and Gloucestershire, have what we call sub-branches affiliated to them, and links are included where possible.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 18:00 : .@simonscider has been awarded by CAMRA's Pomona Awards! Simon Gibson created mixed cider boxes during lockdown with complementary tasting sessions & is helping people across the country learn about cider & perry production. #CiderMonth 🍎 Read more 👉 ow.ly/7Mj550C0XpN pic.twitter.com/zj1cJyU4RS
- Friday, 17:00 : RT @PubsPintsPeople: LAST ORDERS! Ant, Matt & Clair have shared with us what brews they've been enjoying this week: 👇 Ant - Mann's Brown Ale by @MarstonsBrewery Clair - Cocow by @AmpersandBrewCo Matt - ALD IPA by @BrewDog Share with us below what drinks you’ve enjoyed lately! 🍻 pic.twitter.com/eKKsLXXICF
- Friday, 16:32 : Calling pub landlords! 🚨 @theipaper are looking to speak to pub landlords across the UK for a feature about the challenges they are facing due to the pandemic. They would also like to hear from landlords that have had to innovate and diversify due to the pandemic. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/o86Sl67swb
- Friday, 14:14 : 🚨🚨🚨 Check out @SIBA01's thread 👇 twitter.com/SIBA01/status/…
Twitter / RDSouthWest
- Tuesday 2 August 2016, 08:01 : NEW REVITALISATION PROJECT MEMBER SURVEY LAUNCHED camra.org.uk/home/-/asset_p…
- Friday 1 July 2016, 10:20 : RT @bathales: Delighted to announce Cornwall-based @StAustellBrew has this morning acquired @bathales bathales.com/blog/2016/07/s… pic.twitter.com/abqpWivyeZ
- Thursday 23 June 2016, 18:28 : Cheers! Newton Abbot Cider Bar's community asset bid on course | Torquay Herald Express po.st/IcrA8r
- Monday 20 June 2016, 09:07 : Success story The Salutation Inn named best pub in Gloucestershire by CAMRA for third year running gazetteseries.co.uk/news/14566753.…